Medical Work Teams
Bongolo Hospital has a limited number of openings each year for short-term medical volunteers who can pay their own expenses. In general we have five categories of medical volunteers:
- Board-certified surgeons, GI endoscopists, pathologists, and radiologists who want to help train and disciple our PAACS residents.
- Ophthalmologists, optometrists, and ophthalmology nurses
- Non-surgical physician specialists.
- Laboratory technicians, X-ray technicians, biomedical engineers or technicians, physical therapists, and chiropractors.
- Medical students and nurses.
- Surgeons (and the other specialty physicians listed above) wishing to help train and disciple the PAACS residents at Bongolo Hospital should go through Samaritan’s Purse (World Medical Mission) but please first contact Joanna at: (email@example.com).
- Ophthalmologists and optometrists wishing to help out short term should go through Samaritan’s Purse (World Medical Mission) but please first contact Joanna at: (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the Eye Clinic contact Dr. Wendy Hofman at email@example.com.