We love visitors! Consider using your skills and experience by engaging in our hospital training programs or lending a hand in one of our non-medical projects. If you want to visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bongolo has housing available for volunteers who want to come assist in the multitude of non-medical projects at the hospital. Here’s a partial list of skills we can use:
- Inventory Management
- Teachers / Homeschoolers
Bongolo Hospital has a limited number of openings each year for short-term medical volunteers who can pay their own expenses. In general we have five categories of medical volunteers:
- Board-certified surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, GI endoscopists, pathologists, and radiologists.
- Ophthalmologists, optometrists, and ophthalmology nurses
- Non-surgical physician specialists.
- Laboratory technicians, X-ray technicians, biomedical engineers or technicians, physical therapists, and chiropractors.
- Medical students and nurses.
Additional considerations include:
- Nurses and medical students must be able to speak and understand French.
- PAACS residents must be fluent in English to be accepted, so physicians working with the PAACS residents do not need to speak or understand French.
- Non-surgical physician specialists who do not speak French will need to work with members of our missionary team.
- Since the hospital is a ministry of the Gabon Alliance Church to help the sick and share with them the good news of Jesus Christ, all volunteers must be unashamed followers of Jesus Christ and willing to conform their lifestyles to meet the Gabon Alliance Church’s standards.
- Volunteers must be able to pay all their own expenses in advance.
Physicians wishing to help train and disciple at Bongolo Hospital will apply through Samaritan’s Purse (World Medical Mission). Further details after contacting email@example.com